- BrasilPortuguês brasileiro
RFID technology has already been used for many years in numerous industries for documentation and servicing processes. Mainly paper maintenance plans or, in some cases, digital ones are implemented using handhelds. GEMÜ is continuing to employ this tried and tested approach with the new CONEXO system, adding further essential functions.
- Plant plans are available in digital format as well as offline directly at the plant.
- GEMÜ components are clearly assigned and matched if required, such as with valve assemblies; documentation is included.
- Components from third-party suppliers can be clearly labelled and assigned, and the corresponding documentation can be stored.
With CONEXO, engineers and technicians at GEMÜ have focused on identifying as many components as possible – even in sub-components – enabling detailed implementation of the performance specification:
- For the first time, diaphragms are captively identified. This effectively prevents, for example, the installation of similar looking materials, such as when using glass fibre reinforcement.
- A chip has also been attached to actuators and bodies in diaphragm valves. These are captive and tamper-proof as well.
- High-quality PET adhesive labels with UL approval or lead seals and TAG labels in stainless steel are used for other valve types, measurement devices and products from other providers. Depending on size and position, these can also be divided into further sub-components.
- Operating instructions as well as other relevant documents such as declarations of conformity are stored in the CONEXO portal for each RFID chip and can be called up at any time offline or at the plant directly using the CONEXO app.
CONEXO is designed as an open and flexible system. This makes it possible to set up as many maintenance plans as needed. These can be designed based on VDMA standard sheets, for example. It is also possible to store free text and procedures, for example to display or remind the user of the five safety regulations to DIN VDE 0105. The procedure can also be designed so that an active confirmation for one or several working steps is required. Any materials required and other important information can be added or modified at any time by users with administrator rights. In addition, employees also have the option of saving comments using free text.
- Field data is collected via CONEXO and centrally archived and managed.
- Part of the field data is also a maintenance log as well as photo documentation which can be consulted, for example, to compare wearing parts.
- Field data and stored information can be imported into and exported from all common ERP, SCADA and maintenance systems.
This allows processes for maintenance management, future-oriented maintenance and spare parts management and procurement to be effectively interlinked. Influential factors for the service life of spare parts can also be determined in more detail. The result is that, in future, plant downtimes can be reduced as part of target-oriented, preventive servicing and the spare parts inventory can be optimized.
- Valves and other devices with RFID chip
- CONEXO pen for identification and reading out information from the RFID chip
- CONEXO app for mobile use and
- CONEXO portal for central control and monitoring.
Using a tablet greatly extends the support options for maintenance technicians and service personnel in this context. Datasheets and operating instructions can be viewed on site at any time in a very simple manner. Assembly videos about individual products and maintenance procedures, such as diaphragm replacement, can also be stored.
CONEXO Retrofit makes it possible to retrofit valves in existing systems. In addition, products from third-party suppliers are very easily integrated in the software with this module. The individual components are additionally supplemented by a cloud solution. This type of connection facilitates network-independent access to data stored in the cloud from anywhere in the world. As with the portal solution which can be installed on site, GEMÜ cannot connect with the customer system or call up data with this package either.