- BrasilPortuguês brasileiro
Globe valves are primarily used in the auxiliary processes, while aseptic diaphragm valves and multi-port valve blocks, for which GEMÜ is the world market leader, are predominantly used for main processes.
Original GEMÜ seal system
GEMÜ developed its seal system for diaphragm valves with a sealing weir up to DN100 over three decades ago. A circular sealing bead in the valve body creates a defined external sealing point. This minimizes the ring-shaped gap between the diaphragm and the valve body and makes this seal system particularly suitable for applications in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and cosmetics industries.
Traceability of GEMÜ diaphragms
GEMÜ diaphragms for diaphragm valves can be ordered individually packed with an inspection certificate and thus traced.
Implementing control circuits
Alongside process media control, we also offer solutions for controlling fluids. Pneumatically operated valves are thus optimally combined with the GEMÜ 1434, GEMÜ 1435 or GEMÜ 1436 positioners and process controllers. The motorized control valves are available with integrated controller.
Wide range of materials
Plastic diaphragm valve bodies are also available as an alternative to metal valve bodies for water/waste water treatment, cleaning agent supply or other applications.
Examples of processes employing GEMÜ valves, measurement and control systems
- Manufacture and filling of eye ointment, toothpaste, active pharmaceutical substances and infusion solutions, enzymes for various industrial sectors
- Cleaning and CIP equipment, water supply, cooling circuits
Benefits associated with the use of diaphragm valves with metal body
- Designed in compliance with GMP guidelines
- The media wetted seals of the diaphragm valves are tested as per USP Class 6 in accordance with the requirements of the FDA and are BSE/TSE-regulation compliant
- EHEDG-certified seal system
- Sterilizable and with autoclave capability
Product advantages associated with the use of metal multi-port valve blocks
- Increased product reliability (fewer fittings and weld seams; low hold-up volume, small wetted area)
- requires less space thanks to compact design
- Optimized draining design with reduced deadleg
- Individual, customized and flexible design
- Reduced and simple validation
- Bodies machined from a block, actuators and diaphragms from GEMÜ's tried and tested modular system
Product advantages associated with the use of globe and control valves
- Ideally suited to fast cycle duties
- High flow rates
- Plastic body made of corrosion-resistant materials
- Metal body available in various materials
- Sterile and hygienic designs available
- Excellent control characteristics; individual configuration of the control characteristic possible
- ATEX-compliant versions for potentially explosive areas.
All GEMÜ valves with pneumatic or motorized actuator are available with instrumentation ex works